Friday, January 28, 2005

Lazy Butt

I am such a lazy blogger, and I have 100 and 1 excuses for being one which just the same will not get me off the hook, oh well… so, what has been happening lately:

The year seem to starting off fairly well for me, work's the same old source of sanity (if it doesn't drive me off the wall on some occasions), got to plan out the vacations in advance only to find out that there aren't much non-working holidays this year (but then again the government is into this weird habit of switching weekend holidays so might as well hope for it).

My cousin who's been residing in Canada for a couple of years now suddenly decided to get married (with just two weeks notice) and the preparations pretty much kept me running around to help her check-off items in her checklist (not to mention cousin-bride was based in Batangas). The wedding ceremonies and reception was your typical barrio feast, make-shift gazebo, 'over-rated food', a good dose of family drama, a few minor glitches here and there, but it was good enough all the same.

James and I celebrated our 1st year anniversary last week. Hmm… let me see I guess I'll have to post a separate entry for this event ('sanitized version').

Later part of last week, we (Kevin, Grace and myself) drove up to Dagupan to conduct the LTP for new agents. The sessions were fine, and most of our out-of-town assignments the 'socials' are always the best parts. Friday night we had dinner in one of Dagupan's oldest resto- Dagupeña, eventhough we didn't get to do much exploring, the meal we had was just superb (right Kevs?). After dinner we hit the local bar (that had live band performances). It was your regular gimmick place so to speak. We had a few swigs, picked on some after dinner snacks, danced while having our butts glued to our wooden chairs (you know what I mean…) and 'screamed' along with some familiar songs (not to mention drooled at the sight of 'papa chomach/ borta… este si Grace lang pala ito?!). Saturday night we hanged out at the hotel's videoke lounge. Grace and myself had our fill of different songs from all ages and genre- ang saya! For 1,800: consumable on food and drinks, unlimited airtime-- it was one good deal. Sunday morning, not heeding the effects of SMB light and some slight sore throat from the night before, we hit the road to Hundred Islands. BHs source said it was an hour drive from Dagupan, apparently the standard used was for racecars. Nonetheless, it was a good long drive, peaceful, kasi tulog kmeng lahat. The islands were beautiful and its just amazing how they have been all lumped close enough to form a park or sorts. We got to check-out two islands and in one we got to climb up the view deck (on top of a cliff of sorts). What could I say, the view was spectacular, moreover, it was breath taking (kse I literally out of breath when we got to the top, I thought I was going to faint, if not for the difficulty of getting first aid there or transporting me back to the bangka). All in all Hundred Islands was one fun maritime adventure, although I should say we were not prepared for it: jeans in the beach, bakya on sand and cliff, jewelry on salt water, island hopping with not extra clothes, bangka without life vest, sun without sunblock-- thank god we got by.

And now, I'm back at the office with the greatest adventure of all-- not knowing what's going to happen in the days, weeks, months and years to come. I guess that's what blogs are for, to capture all of them for the amusement of many.

5 Comments:

Blogger Y_slaybelle said...

Yahoo, update!

I've never been to Dagupan. Dayuhin ba natin para sa murang videoke... :)

8:38 AM  
Blogger kogieta said...

mag-iinvest na nga lang yata kme ni GDR sa magic mic... hintay lang ng PS... =)

6:26 PM  
Blogger Being Jerome Daclison said...

self-regulation on blogging your 1st year anniversary? kulasas are known for their courage, girl! and bravery I expect on your blog, (with pictures...nasty ones, maybe? no, no, no. damn! failed attempt to ctrl-alt-del mental image. aargh! hehehe!) as you said, blogging is another medium for us to capture what's in store for us in the days, weeks, months, and years ahead of us. splurge. :-)

2:06 AM  
Blogger kogieta said...

the 'experience' is too profound for words (yet)... let me collect myself first before I indulge you in my recollection... ey, you still on the 'manhaunt'?

8:30 AM  
Blogger Being Jerome Daclison said...

If you are referring to my new year's resolution to attain an Adonis state, I'm failing miserably in achieving this goal! I didn't know gym memberships are so expensive nowadays! So, I'm still in a Sharon Cuneta-Pangilinan state of chubbyneski. Hahahaha!

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home