Thursday, December 16, 2004

Xmas Shopping Experience

9 days to go before christmas, and for the first time in my adult life, I've finished my xmas shopping before the advent of the misa de gallo (read: I was spared from the xmas shopping rush... supposed to be)

Some weeks ago I went on an adventure to Divisoria with good old me... extra challenge ang drama ng buhay ko that day. I brought a ultra-big bag which I failed to test before I left the house, so when I was in streets on people-packed divi, it almost looked like I was lugging a sack that would eat me. People where like neck-to-neck, damp with sweat and rain and god knows what else. The thrill of the bargain made up for the nuances though. Oh, did I say it was raining?!

The following days was spent doing the 'regular' rounds at the mall (my favorite place). I had the my gift list (with identified gifts for each person), but I guess it was just not my lucky day (again!). I can't seem to find stuff that I want: no size, no color, no model, blah, blah, bla... Not to mention that half of the time I was cuing up to pay or looking for a sensible saleslady to assist me looking for what I want.

Some notes of experience:
- If you think you've found the best bargain... think again
- Japanese paper and tissue gift wrap at two different things (accdg to my NBS saleslady)
- Stupid people are everywhere, it's much acceptable if you bump into them in the bargain hunter's haven than in some brightly lit, air conditioned mall
- You'll never know who shops where... nasa nagdadala lang yan
- A bag is never big enough... nsa nagdadala lang ulit yan
- It's the thought that counts... I thought I'd buy you something glittering and expensive, but I got you something cheap but functional (good enough huh?!)
- Work can get in the way of your shopping momentum (but then if you didn't work you'd end up not shopping too...)

Oh well, as funds are starting to deplete, let me put my shopping hat aside in the meantime and start thinking about some other stuff to post in this blog




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home