"Sale Away"
Desperately trying to beat my previous year's xmas shopping cut-off (which was not until new year's eve), with a few essentials on my list that I was due to buy this time of the year, I started doing my gift hunt two weeks ago. I did my rounds in the malls last weekend, when almost all the mega-super-hyper-jammed-packed-malls where having their yearly xmas sale. Now, being a big fan, this was supposed to be a big event. And I was all prepped up: list on hand, comfortable shoes (I actually went on flipflops on one occasion), my shopping bag, geezh I think I even went to the gym in the morning (just in case I needed to be fit for the race) and cleaned out part of my closet (to make way for new acquisitions).
I guess I saw my fate already in the first shop that I dropped in. After the second shop, I was feeling a bit frustrated. By the end of the weekend, covering almost 2 malls and 4 kilometers of stores, I end up with a measly shirt bought out of desperation and a terrible migraine. My 'sale' experience has never been frustrating (to think that I was ready to splurge-- as in ha?!).
My consoling thought-- "ayaw nila sa pera ko!"


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home